stmh_jubilee01

Jubilee Square in 1880, when it was still known as Market Square. (It was the market where farmers in the area came to sell their produce.)

stmh_jubilee02

A view of Jubilee Square and Simon’s Town from the sea, circa 1880. William Anderson’s fishing shed is in the foreground.

stmh_jubilee03

Jubilee Square in 1950.

stmh_jubilee04

Children from the Muslim School plant a palm on Jubilee Square in 1935 for the Silver Jubilee of George V. Each school in the town planted a palm on Jubilee Square (and its name dates from this occasion.)

stmh_jubilee05

Celebrations on Jubilee Square for the coronation of George VI in 1937. The SATS General Botha (ex HMS Thames) lies in the backgroud.

stmh_jubilee06

Jubilee Square after its major facelift in 1986.

simon-s-town-quayside

Jubilee Square in 2016.