As a permanent resident, Simon’s Town~ for me ~ offers the best of both worlds. Surrounded by National Parks and the ocean, this town and its natural beauty offers various outdoors activities for nature and adventure lovers. On the other hand it is an easy scenic drive to movies, shopping centres or even the V&A Waterfront in the city!
Best of all for me is that Simon’s Town is not as commercialised as some other seaside areas. Visitors can enjoy going to the beach, town and restaurants without having to stand in long cues, fight for a spot on the beach, or be faced with large chainstore parkinglots and crowds!
So ~ this summer, make sure to:
1. Swim with the penguins at Seaforth and Boulders beaches
2. Go on a kayak trip from the Simon’s Town quayside around to Boulders Beach
3. Hike one of our beautiful mountain trails above the town or in Cape Point Nature Reserve
4. Visit the amazing Navy and Toy Soldier Museums
5. Buy your Christmas gifts at one of our lovely local gift, interior or antique shops
Finally, if you want a peaceful and relaxing holiday – Simon’s Town is the place to be!
I look forward to seeing you explore more of my wonderful town!