The oldest Private Club in South Africa
P.O. Box 177 Simon’s Town 7995
The Seven Seas Club was formed by officers of the South African Navy as a private club providing facilities for reading, recreation, refreshment and companionship in a relaxed atmosphere for serving and retired officers and their guests.
The serving Chief of the South African Navy is the Patron of the Club and, the Flag Officer Fleet, stationed in Simon’s Town, is the President of the Club. The current Chief of the Navy is Vice Admiral R. Mudimu, CLS, DMG, SM, MMS, MMM, MMB, and the Flag Officer Fleet is Rear Admiral P. Schoultz, SD, SM, MMM.
The Club opened in 1959 on a site with magnificent views over Simon’s Bay and the East Dockyard. The view from the Club bar has changed somewhat over the years but is still one of ships and boats and is still a view to be envied by many other clubs throughout the World.
The club contains memorabilia, mainly in the form of photographs and badges of naval ships, many of which were inherited from the Naval Officers’ Club vacated by the Royal Navy in 1956.
Follow this link for more information: