Frequently Asked Questions
All rooms will always be ready from 2pm. If you require an early check-in, we will do our best to get your room ready as soon as possible. If your room is not occupied the night before your arrival, we will check you in when you arrive. Otherwise, we can keep your luggage while you go out and enjoy your day. We will prepare the room for you as soon as it is free, with the utmost care for perfect cleaning and sanitizing of the room.
If possible, kindly let us know what time we can expect you. Please make prior arrangements with us should you anticipate arriving after 10pm. Please ask for assistance with your luggage if needed.
The room must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure to make it possible for us to clean the room and have it ready for the next check-in. If you are doing a scheduled activity like a local boat trip that finishes later, we are happy to keep your bags in our reception for collection when you return.
We have plenty of off-street parking on and next door to our property. Simon’s Town is a very safe town and we have never had any trouble with regards to security or cars parked outside. If, however, you prefer garage parking, this can be arranged across the road at an additional cost per night. Please request a quote for this from our reception: email@example.com
- Flat screen TV’s with DSTV (Hotel Package: sport and movie channels)
- Complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi
- Hair Dryer, Electronic Safe
- Heating/Cooling (heated towel rail, panel heater, ceiling fan and air-conditioner)
- Complimentary tea/coffee/milk/sugar
- Bar fridge stocked with refreshments (for your own account)
- Microwave Oven
- Crockery/Cutlery for basic self-catering
- Desk/table, King/Twin beds, sitting area
- Towels and complimentary hand/body wash and shampoo are provided
- Iron and ironing board available on request
Laundry may be handed in together with a completed laundry list with a count of the items of clothing needing to be washed, in the laundry bag provided in your room. The cost is calculated per item and is payable on your day of departure. Housekeeping is our staff’s first priority, so depending on how busy the house is, your laundry will be ready on the same day or latest by the next day after it has been handed in.
There is also a laundromat in Simon’s Town. You are also welcome to hand your laundry in there if you prefer.
Breakfast is served daily in our dining room from 7:30am on weekdays and 8am – 10am during weekends or on public holidays. If an earlier breakfast is required, we are happy to prepare a breakfast tray or take-away breakfast for you the night before.
We do not have an on-site restaurant, but Simon’s Town offers a variety of excellent restaurants to choose from. Local transfers can be arranged at a small charge if you prefer not to walk or drive yourselves. We are happy to accommodate special requests for on-site/take-away lunches, dinner, and picnics by prior arrangement. 24 Hours advance notice is required to allow us enough time to source fresh ingredient, please.
Rates increase with R200 per room type from the smallest Sail Rooms (25sqm) to the larger Executive Rooms (34sqm) with shower only or shower over bath bathrooms. The next level up is the Luxury Studio (36sqm) with added kitchenette in the unit and full bathroom. The Superior Room (42sqm) is the most luxurious with its antique furniture, crystal chandeliers and full bathroom.
Children of all ages are welcome and extra beds or cots can be arranged at no additional charge for children 10 years and younger. There is a discounted cost for breakfast for children and a surcharge is charged for children older than 10 years sharing a room with parents. Please specify ages of children for us to quote you accordingly.
We do request that parents explain to their children that they share a house with other people, and we all need to respect each other’s privacy. All guests are requested to sign our terms and conditions when they check in, including taking not of our “no noise” policy to ensure an enjoyable stay for all our guests.
At Mariner Guesthouse & Villa your well behaved, house trained small pet is allowed access only in your own room, if this room has a balcony. Animals are not allowed in the dining room and must be on a leash or carried in special pet carriers to be taken in and outside. We provide a water bowl and sheets for you to cover the furniture in your room to prevent any possible damage. A small surcharge is charged for pets to cover the cost of additional cleaning and sanitising.
Cancellations and Refunds
• Deposits and cancellation fees are calculated on the full value of stay.
• A 50% deposit will be required to secure a booking.
• Once the deposit has been received, a written confirmation with an invoice number will be forwarded to the client.
• The balance of the booking value (50%) is to be paid on arrival.
• Payment for meals or any other extras to be made on the day of departure.
• Mariner Guesthouse will retain the full deposit payment in the case of cancellations made within 7 days of arrival.
• “No Shows” will be charged for in full.
• A full refund of deposit (minus 10% handling fee) will apply to bookings cancelled more than 7 days prior to arrival.
• After check-in, no refunds will be offered for shortened stays.
• We accept all major debit/credit cards, EFTs and cash as payment options, but regret NO FOREIGH CURRENCY can be processed.
• All rates include VAT @ 15%.
Seaforth Beach is approximately 1km from our bottom entrance (10 minutes walk), with Boulders Beach another few hundred meters further. It is an easy walk down to these beaches, but we are located two roads above the main road against the mountainside, so it will take you a bit longer to walk back up the hill.
Even though Mariner Guesthouse is located within walking distance of most beaches and restaurants, it is a short uphill walk back to the guesthouse. We recommend that you hire a car if you plan on visiting the surrounding areas of Cape Town and the Winelands. Otherwise, we are happy to assist with arranging local transfers & day tours. UBERS work well from the City of Cape Town or from the Airport and are normally more affordable, but UBER drivers are not always available in or near Simon’s Town.
PLEASE DO NOT RELY ON YOUR GPS FOR THE “SHORTEST ROUTE” as this is not the recommended route. We recommend that you stay on the main roads: N2, M3, Ou Kaapse Weg. Also, some GPS’s don’t have our street names as we know it. Some maps also use Trafalgar Place, instead of Harbour Heights Close, nr 12: 1st left off Harbour Heights Drive (cul-de-sac). It also works to search for Mariner Guesthouse on GOOGLE MAPS. Please check in at RECEPTION at our top entrance.