“What to do” and “Where to eat” are the two questions we are most often asked by guests staying here at Mariner Guesthouse in Simon’s Town. I have decided to make this my focus for my next few blog posts.
The Cape Peninsula has so much to offer for visitors of all ages, but today, my family and I wanted to take advantage of the beautiful day by eating and playing outdoors. I have 3 girls under the age of 7, so we always choose restaurants that are “Kids Friendly”. Imhoff Farm is ideal for families with their many activities and restaurants. Within half an hour’s drive around Cape Point, lies this historical Cape farmstead dating back to 1743.
Activities to excite the whole family include:
- Horse Rides on Noordhoek Beach
- Snake Park for close up encounters with snakes and other reptiles
- Higgeldy Piggeldy Farmyard where kids can stroke and feed a variety of farm animals
- Camel Rides
- Cheese Dairy and goat Milking Parlour
- Jungle Gyms and Face Painting
Food to suit your mood:
- Enjoy freshly prepared New Cape style cuisine, authentic pizzas and breathtaking views at Blue Water Cafe.
- Treat your taste buds to delicious fresh fish and traditional Cape seafood at The Pickled fish
- Fill your picnic basket with tasty, healthy and organic foods from the Free Range Farm Shop.
- Select hand made chocolates in the silo
- Stop at the Free Range Coffee Shop for a light meal in the courtyard
- Savour free wine tasting at the Old Cape Wine Shop
Make sure to visit Imhoff Farm when next you visit the Cape Peninsula.