What a great Christmas holiday season we had! Thanks to all our guests who have touched our lives and inspired us to continue offering a fantastic and unforgettable stay in Simon’s Town.
A question we often get from guests is: “What is there to do in the Cape Peninsula?”. Well, here are my top 5 …
- You can’t visit Simon’s Town without taking a walk down to the African penguins. There is a lovely wooden walkway from Seaforth to Boulders Beach, taking you through the penguin nesting area. Take along your beach wear and even swim with the penguins!
- Take a 10 minute drive to Cape Point National Park and visit the lighthouse at Cape of Good Hope. Plan at least 2 hours to explore and make the most of the hiking trails and remember your sunscreen.
- While on route, make a day of it and stop at Cape Point Ostrich farm, view the kite surfers at Misty Cliffs, have lunch at Imhoff Farm (great for kids!), taste some local wine at Cape Point Vineyards and drive Chapman’s Peak.
- Go on a boat trip from Simon’s Town pier. Depending on how adventurous you’re feeling, there are different options from a leisurely harbour cruise, to visiting Seal Island or even doing Shark Cave Diving to view the Great White up close.
- Last but not least, take a leisurely walk along the cobbled streets of Simon’s Town. While the ladies explore our beautiful interior & gift shops and have cake at the decadent “The Sweetest Thing”, the men can go on a Submarine Tour and visit the Toy Soldier and Navy Museums.
Of course there’s much more to do… And if you don’t feel like going out, you can just relax on your balcony all day; enjoying a good book and the best view in the world!